Bachelor of Theology
The Bachelor of Theology program is designed to give the student the maximum benefit of a broad education in theological studies with an emphasis in biblical studies and ministry. General Education requirements ensure that the student is broadly educated in the arts and sciences, while a significant portion of time is spent learning the fields of theology and history of Christianity. The majority of the student’s coursework is dedicated to bible, theology and practical ministry
Program Learning Outcomes:
By the time students complete their program they will be the emerging leaders and serving the church as the pastor, evangelist, lay leaders and the world with leadership with the following expertise:
1. Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Bible
2. Describe comprehensive knowledge of the Christian doctrine
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the history of the church and its heritage
4. Demonstrate skills to communicate the Bible to the world and ministry setting
5. Apply pastoral and ministry skills in service to local church or community or for Christian living.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission to the
Bachelor of Theology program:
1. A High School Diploma or GED
2. A completed application form
3. Application Fee
4. Recommendation Form
The Bachelor of Theology degree program requires a minimum of 56 general education courses, 56 units of Bible and Theology 36 units of professional studies, Students are also required to take at least 8 units of field ministry and 24 units of elective courses in any of the classifications.
As much as 90 quarter units may be satisfied through transfer credit. At least 90 units must be completed at Rochester University. A student must pass exit interview.
General Education Requirements: 56 units
1) The completion of 180 quarter hours of credit including at least 56 units in General Education, Professional Studies, field ministry and other requirements.
2) Demonstration of Christian character by interview
3) Completion of course work with a Grade Point Average of C (2.0)
4) Passing Exit interview