Master of Divinity
This program is designed to equip dedicated Christians for various ministries in the church setting, including the ordained ministries of instruction and leadership in the church. This program emphasizes developing the capacity to study and communicate the Christian scriptures and the theological traditions and the capacity to model and facilitate Christian spiritual formation and communal practices.
Program Requirements Summary:
Program Learning Outcomes:
By the time students complete the program, they will become pastors, assistant pastor, minister of Word and Sacrament, lay leader in serving the church and leader in the Christian-related organization and the world with confidence and competency with the following skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Bible and exegetical and theological skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to integrate faith in their life and professional ministry
- Demonstrate evangelical aspect of the world mission and cultural diversity in that students continue to be disciplined.
- Demonstrate ministry and pastoral skills to lead congregation and church.
Anyone possessing a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent meets the basic academic requirement for admission to the program. See the section on admissions criteria, earlier in this catalog, for additional requirements.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission to the Master of Divinity program:
1. Hold a Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree from a university or college
2. A completed application form
3. Application fee
4. Recommendation Form
Students receive the Master of Divinity degree upon a successful fulfillment of the following program requirements: 48 units of Biblical Studies, 16 units of History, 28 units of practical theology including field ministry, and 36 units of electives in any category which makes up the total 128 units. A student may transfer up to 40 units toward his or her degree program.
1) Completion of 128 quarter units (up to 40 units may be transferred).
2) Completion of the course work with a GPA of 2.75 or above.
3) Demonstration of competence in Ministry Skills through coursework
4) Passing Exit interview